Saturday, August 24, 2013

Determined-- THANK YOU ALL!

First, I want to thank all of you who have visited and posted on my blog, it means the world to me to get the positive
feedback.

I have a new art toy called the Gelli Plate, a friend got me
hooked, a gelli plate looks like squiggly jello, but it stays the
same size.  You put paint on it, impress items into the paint like stencils, rubber stamps, a comb anything that is not sharp.
Put a piece of paper over it, smooth it out and voila you have a terrific background.  That is what I did.  But......did not like the colors, so just kept adding more paint and repeating the process.  Then, I laid the paper aside.  Because I did not care for the background I decided to play around.

I took some black puff fabric paint which happen to be laying on the table and drew an outline of a woman's face.  The lines that I put in for the hair kind of smooched all together, I kind of like that, so I quickly went in with my fingers and a small brush and finished her face up.  This was done on regular copy paper, because I "was just playing" and not trying to create anything special.  Well, she is special. I love her face, her look and her attitude.  Thank you for coming on this journey with me.  Artfully yours.

5 comments:

Carol said...

I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT!!!
And I also like the word determined and determination. We must continue and never give up. Things that just seem not to work the way we planned sometimes turn out to be some of our best work.
My best to you. Carol

Brenda said...

Thank you Carol.

That is so true, I remember when I would make a crazy quilt, I would buy all of this beautiful batik & african fabrics, then I bought some plain looking fabric, even country looking. But, I found that adding the 2 different fabrics together made the whole block of fabric sing. Artfully yours. Brenda

KnottyAuthor said...

I like that pen! It brings another dimension to your art work.

Brenda said...

Thank you Cheleski, especially for the inspiration.

Amanda Trought said...

Your work is beautiful, very inspiring, love the colours you have been using.