Monday, April 5, 2010

Ragamuffin's prayer handbook

A friend sent me a praying hands book, it was a children's board book. I altered it to fit my life. Thank you, Sandy.I am from Eden, not the Garden of, on the right is a photo from the '50's of my downtown.
My Mother prayed for me. Brenda's Mother, Ruby.


Always, always loved books, could not imagine a world without them.


A prayer. This was written by my friend to be used as a part of her
"going home" celebration. The most beautiful closure of this life that
I have ever experienced. One of her gorgeous quilts covered her
going-home casket.


11 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

I like this! QP

Sandy said...

Brenda,
This is beautiful. I can see that it was heartfelt. Thank you for putting this on your blog. I love that I had a tiny part in your creativity. I remember you thought you had a plan for it and you followed through! That's much better than I would have done. Hooray for you.

Brenda said...

Thank you Sandy and Pam. It still has a page to go, I looked for a praying hand book for years and Sandy had a couple, so she sent me one. That's what friends are for..............

Sandy said...

It's wonderful. I still couldn't see much detail in Eden, but I can assume after your explanation. Your images are great. I have a few images that look like that, but they are blurry. Have you done any ancestral studies?

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. this is phenomenal.

Patrinas Pencil said...

Brenda,
This is sooo special!! I love it. You do an awesome job on altering books!! So precious!! And you even have a poem by your good friend Jacqueline!

You are very creative, my friend!
Patrina <")>><

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kyra said...

Brenda, This book is so touching. Thank you for sharing it.

Mary said...

Oh, oh, oh!! This is amazing!!!

Altered Art Studio 9010 said...

Love this! What a neat idea.

Amanda Trought said...

This is lovely, such a great idea, and inspiring I feel some time in the studio is overdue for me.