Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 9 Posting for 30 day challenge



The Cardinal came first, he started as a random glob of paint on the canvas. I outlined him and Voila!
The Red Bird shows up a lot in my paintings. I was born in North Carolina, The Cardinal is the state bird, he was always around and the grown-ups said that the birds worked for Santa Claus and was watching to see if we were naughty or nice. They were everywhere.
As I continued with this painting, I could not decide what to name it, the woman with the rainbow on her shoulder or Secrets etc.  So, I decided to google the significance of the Red Cardinal.
I officially blew my own mind. My hand has stopped shaking now.

The Cherokee Indians (they were abundant in NC at one time) believe that the cardinal is the daughter of the un. Legend has it that if you see a cardinal flying upward, toward the sun, you will have good luck.. he wants you to examine the areas of your life in which you are, or should be, a leader. Is your confidence shaky? The cardinal tells you that you can handle it and to believe in yourself.The cardinal's bright red feathers and cheerful song calls attention to him wherever he goes. If you see a cardinal, it may be telling you to stand up, lift your head high, and take pride in yourself.

Accept compliments that come your way..The cardinal's bright red plumage also calls you to open yourself up and get your creativity flowing again...Red is the color of the root chakra, the energy center associated with stability, survival and security.

I guess the Cardinal is still watching me. There is a next outside my studio window. The name of the painting is Daughter of the Sun.



No comments: